Monday, December 7, 2009

Spanking File Posts How Do I Transfer Files From An Old P4 Windows XP PC To A Brand Spanking New Vista Pc..??

How do i transfer files from an old P4 Windows XP PC to a brand spanking new Vista pc..?? - spanking file posts

I need to know how to get photos and some individual files from my old computer to my new PC with Vista. The I need help in 2 categories:


1) What equipment do I need ... ... Ie, cable, son,
Loc-Nar .. or other device

2) How can) (from a technical perspective, or ... What should I press the button, and insert what I do and what I see.

Ok there is a third question:

3) I would first like thousands of photos that I saved. And I have no problem with the iPod file .. right? (gulp. ..)

Hope ya'll can .. help!


Award for the best answer ..! I'm going anywhere in Manhattan photograph I my bike ... as a milestone, fire hydrants ... Favorite bar, light ... etc. .. and e-mail within 7 days and as long as my wife gives you ok.

.. Thanks in advance!

3 comments:

riff_ree... said...

You need only two UTP cables and a switch network (and network cards in each PC, if you do not already)

Just plug the cable into the network ports on the back of the CPU, the other end into the network to cover switch. and connected the two PC now! Easy eh?

Next Go to the Start Menu-> My Network-> Configure a home network or small office and follow the instructions () very easily.

Right-click the folder containing the files you want to transfer-> Properties-> Sharing and activate "this ....." Checkbox. (or can the unity of all, when a group of files to transfer)

New Menu on the PC Start-> Run and type \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ Old PC \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ u0026lt; your hostname> or \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ u0026lt its ip> old PC and open Windows Explorer, computer age, in the new PC. It begins with the copy right now:)

PS Check: To your host name and IP, the Start-> Run and type "cmd". then type "ipconfig / all" in the command line. You can see the hostname and IP address. \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ U0026lt;br>

Alternative: Buy an external hard drive to copy files onto the external drive and plug it into the new PC and copy.

Greg said...

Cable cross-section is all that is needed - provided that both teams have a network card.

define the two PCs in the same workgroup.
for sharing on the old PC to the folder things.
PC Connection again to the actions and copies of things.

---

or take the hard drive of your old PC and plug it into the new PC and copy. An IDE to USB adapter can be found on eBay for about $ 10 - $ 20 is the easiest.

Or you can connect to the heart of the matter as a slave drive for free

masterch... said...

Detto IntelliMover

Post a Comment